iTunes- & converting videos-problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Entenfield, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Entenfield macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I hope its okay if I ask two questions right away:

1.) I have a prob of this kind with my iTunes-library:
    click me
    As you can see the first songs of those albums are somehow divided from the rest. This isnt the only case, I have it like 5 - 10 times in my library.
    So how can I get all the songs in the same album?

2.) Since I have now a iPod with video function, I want to try it out. The problem here is that I found programms those convert files, but those are all trial versions, so there are some major restrictions. Does anyone know a good and free program which converts .avi- and wmv.-files into iPod Nano 4 gen-compatible files?

Thank you for your help.

2. Toniola macrumors member

Most converters that deal with wmv require purchasing the software. Flip4Mac is the best, then there's something called Visual Hub, but...there's another little app called iSquint, that might be free (google it). I'd recommend you check that out first, then consider one of the others if you want more features and quality.

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

VisualHub and iSquint were recently discontinued.

I'd recommend the Handbrake Developer Snapshot #3 if you are 1) looking for a free solution, 2) looking for a solution that can yield very good results, and 3) willing to do some reading and research to get the best results (that said, the iPod preset does a pretty nice job).

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Select part of compilation, then deselect it. Strangely enough this works. :)

5. Entenfield thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, but I dont quite understand this. Could you explain it in another words?
    Sry for my bad english.

Anyway: Thank you very much for all your help, guys!

6. Entenfield thread starter macrumors newbie

Help?

edit: Ah lol, I am stupid. Got it now. Thank you!