iTunes corrupted, potentially all of OS corrupted?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejedipunk, Sep 15, 2009.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

For the past few months, I've tried to restore my iPod Classic because it randomly restarts itself, not to mention moving on the following song during the middle of a song that is already playing. However, it seems iTunes won't restore it. The following message appears every time I try to do this:

[​IMG]

The link takes me here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1372

But that website simply doesn't help me out. I've taken my iMac to a Genius and he basically said that something is corrupted in OS X. I should mention the fact that programs such as Onyx and Maintenance claim that I am not the admin when in fact, my account is the only account on the computer. The funny thing was that I created a new account and restored the iPod through there, it would work just fine.

So, besides that long explanation of my problem, is there anyway I can fix this without having to resort to placing all my files on an external and installing a clean copy of OS X? Would archiving and installing back to Leopard do the trick?

I think this was caused after I migrated all my files from my old iBook to my current iMac a year ago.

2. hoosierfan24 macrumors member

what i have found is that on most of apples websites that they really dont tell you how to fix something they just give the "quick fix" way and that rarely works so I would just recommend taking it in to an apple store for repair and that would probably fix it or they would just give you a new one if it was under warranty