"iTunes could not back up iPhone because iPhone disconnected." Fix?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nish, Aug 16, 2009.

1. nish macrumors newbie

I am currently using a 3GS on firmware 3.0 jailbroken with purplera1n. Everything work fine until all of a sudden I started getting the "iTunes could not back up iPhone because iPhone disconnected." message when trying to backup my phone. I read somewhere it had to do with the mobileinstallation. I tried installing AppSync for 3.0 and InstallD, without having any effect on letting me backup my phone. Then, even though I read not to install MiPatch Firmware 2.2.1 from the http://cydia.hackulo.us repo, I tried it. When I tried the back up it did it without any errors. However, now I am afraid to reboot the phone as it may get stuck booting up because of the MiPatch incompatibilty. So the only solution I found is installing MiPatch Firmware 2.2.1, backing up, then unstalling MiPatch Firmware 2.2.1. Has anyone else tried this? or tried rebooting a 3GS with MiPatch Firmware 2.2.1 without any problems? Or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Slimey Pete macrumors newbie

just a thought

Same thing happened to me. A last night, I tried to do a backup and got the message "iTunes Could not Backup iPhone Because iPhone Disconnected."

I tried everything that was suggested (itunes preferences, deleting past backups, resetting the phone, uninstalling/reinstalling itunes, etc.) nothing worked.

I then decided to backtrack the changes I made to the phone since the last backup, starting from the most recent. The first thing I deleted was "Tetris" which I installed yesterday morning via Installous. That was the culprit. After deleting the app, the backup worked like a charm.

Sometimes it is the most simple of things. :)

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

See what happens when you try to avoid paying for apps ?? :eek:

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

im having the same issue too!!! What should I do??

3.1.2 3GS

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Start paying for your apps.