iTunes could not restore the iPhone "XXX" because the backup session failed.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sinnerman49, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Sinnerman49 macrumors member

Had an iphone 4 since launch, was always able to backup and restore with no issues until yesterday.

I backed up my phone, and took it to the apple store to have them replace it because of a rattling inside the phone. They activated it, and told me to go home and restore it.

I plugged it in, and tried to restore from my most recent backup and got the error message above.

So I copied the restore folder over to my wife's laptop, and was able to restore it from there.

I deleted the backups folder from the MySync folder, and plugged my new phone into my laptop. I created a brand-new backup and tried to restore, and I get the same results.

I have an ASUS U50F laptop, and like I said, I never had any issues until I got a brand new phone, which leads me to believe that it's not a hardware issue. I re-installed iTunes and all apple software to no avail (latest version)

My previous iPhone was jailbroken, however before I brought it in, I backed it up, updated to the latest firmware (thus un-jailbreaking it), and then restored it successfully from my backup.

Any suggestions? The only topics I can find on this error are from way back when iO4 came out....

2. Sinnerman49 thread starter macrumors member

3. Sinnerman49 thread starter macrumors member