Itunes cover art: Beatles ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alexxx, Feb 19, 2010.

1. alexxx macrumors newbie

I recently started using Itunes to archive my huge music database - after discovering how NOT to let it copy the whole database(preferences...)

Now I spent many wonderful evenings adding cover art to my albums
    (an out-of-topic thought: why Itunes is unable to use some default .jpg file, e.g. front.jpg, if it finds it in the same album directory???).

I had until now just one very surprising hitch: I am unable to set cover art for Beatles albums!
    Whenever I do it, using the default way @i - nothing happens.
    Doing it using the Amazon Art widget, the surprising error message is "Itunes is not connected" ... I am really surprised.
    I checked the dirs/files permissions and they're ok, same as the other dirs.

I'd like to repeat that it it only with Beatles albums, not with the other hundereds of albums of other performers... there is some misterious copyright-related mistery related to it???

thanks!!!

alessandro

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried letting iTunes add the album cover from it's own database?

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

iTunes doesn't have The Beatles works in there yet so they only supply album art for iTunes store content...

4. Hberg macrumors member

I too have a large Apple Lossless iTunes collection, and I recently bought the Remastered Beatles CDs. I ripped them to iTunes, and I added (without a problem) the cover art using a graphic that I obtained from CD Universe. I do this often with CDs that iTunes where the cover art is unavailable.

I use no other software other than iTunes to add the cover art.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

I too do this just with mp3 and not lossless IMO is far better to have the album art in with the track in the ID3 so it can be used on everything and not just have it only accessable to itunes which the 'get album artwork' does

6. alexxx thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks everybody for the info, but nothing worked.
    I tried reimporting into Itunes.
    I copy/pasted from a variety of sources in the Get Info / cover art window, from 300x300 to 650x650 sizes, without success.
    I reiterate that it is ONLY with Beatles albums - on about 1100 albums I have.
    Sounds really fishy...

alessandro

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I manually add high-quality artwork from sites such as Album Art Exchange. I have 22 Beatles albums (435 songs) in my library and have had no trouble adding artwork.

You might try converting those files with Max and using the output files.

8. androiphone macrumors 65816

hang on I've just remembered this happened once to me (a single mp3 I had imported wouldnt take the album art) and what I did was right click on the track and click 'create mp3 version' this created another copy of the file then the new version took the art and I just deleted the older copy.
    you could try that on just one song to start with then do the whole lot it it works