iTunes Cover Art -- Quick Question!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rgomes, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rgomes macrumors member

Hi!

I imported my entire collection to iTunes only to discover that the artwork was only linked to the 1st track in each album. I found this out when I recently bought an iPod Touch and noticed during "Cover Flow" that only track 1 had the associated artwork and all remaining album tracks didn't. Bugs the heck out of me!

Is there anyway to link all the remaining tracks to the .jpg artwork file that is sitting in the album directory in my Media folders? Without having to go back and do it manually.

Thanks!

2. vankata macrumors member

Yes. First you must mark all songs in the album. Next click right button on the mouse and select " Get info ". It will ask you something, i forget what was, but you must click " Yes ". Then it will appear a window in the first tab with name " info " in the right corner you will see a field with name " Artwork " . You must mark it and inside it paste the album cover, which you must copy before.
    I hope you understand all what i rote ( my english is very bad :eek::eek: ) That is not only for the album cover but for all album info.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You will have to do it manually. I prefer to have artwork stored in the files themselves, rather than letting iTunes store it in a separate folder. To do that, you must manually add the artwork. You can add artwork to a whole album at once, not just one song at a time. I prefer to get higher-quality artwork from sites such as Album Art Exchange, rather than the lower-quality artwork that iTunes downloads.

4. rgomes thread starter macrumors member

I was dreading having to do it manually....

Why would you need higher quality artwork if they are displayed in such a small image? I usually go to google, type in the album name, and click on the images link and i just choose whatever looks decent. There dozens to choose from.....

I know I can have iTunes attempt to find the cover art but I have many multiple versions of the same CD single (with different covers). I am afraid it'll add the wrong cover......

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you use coverflow or widen the artwork column, they can be quite large:
    ScreenCap 2.jpg

ScreenCap 4.PNG

6. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

I, too, prefer higher quality artwork. I try to get 500x500 minimum if I can find it. Thanks for the link to Album Art Exchange. I'd never heard of this site before. Bookmarked.

One paid application that I've been using a lot recently is CoverScout from Equinux. Yes, it's expensive for the essentially one-trick pony that it is. Fortunately, I got it as part of a MacHeist nanobundle so it only cost me 2.50 USD. But I've been recording music from internet radio stations recently and Coverscout has been wonderful for finding high quality artwork that TuneUp can't.