iTunes cover art tool and square cover art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steve23094, Feb 22, 2015.

1. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Does anybody know of a tool I can use to check the dimensions of my iTunes cover art?

Some of it is not square but I find it difficult to eyeball it. Ideally I would like a utility that can:-

1. Read cover art dimensions of files that are actually embedded into the music file and my local iTunes database of cover art.

2. Display those dimensions to me with an easy way to determine if they are square or not. (Some kind of sorting?).

Thanks in advance.

2. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Most of the time removing the artwork and then fetching it from the iTunes Store provides the nicer high red square versions for my albums. Emphasis on most of the time though, the iTunes Store artwork for tesellate by alt-j is this weird rectangular shape and doesn't actually 'tesellate' which grinds my gears to no end.

You may want to check out scripting though, with AppleScript or whatnot. I had a script that correctly capitalised all my songs and it showed up in a special script menu in iTunes, so I presume it must be possible to perform other types of mass edit operations for track info.