iTunes Cover Flow Addition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psycoswimmer, Jan 8, 2008.

1. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but never really got to it. I also checked for duplicate threads and didn't find any... so:

In iTunes, Cover Flow is great and everything, but I feel there should be one major addition. When I use Cover Flow, I scroll to the album cover, and then have to look down at the list of songs at the bottom. I keep the list 6 lines long, as I like the album art big. With my 20" screen, the window takes up a little more than 3/8 of the screen. I can't imagine how this works well on a 13" or 15" screen. So, my idea is to get rid of the list, and allow Cover Flow to take up that whole section of window. Then, you can click on the album and it will flip over, just as it does on the iPod Touch. This would also be incredibly useful in full-screen mode, where there is no way to individually select a song without pressing the back-forward buttons.

Any thoughts?

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I imagine it would be slightly less intuitive than the way it is implemented on the iPod touch/iPhone due to the lack of touch interface. However, I think it is a good idea, and something perhaps to submit in the way of feedback to Apple?

David

3. psycoswimmer thread starter macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Thanks. I forgot about doing Feedback and stuff.

I see how it would be less intuitive, but for some people (like me) it seems better than clicking the album to get to it, and then scrolling through a separate, small list. And in full screen mode, I think it's nearly a necessity.

4. Canerican macrumors regular

Good idea as a secondary way to browse. I would like to see a little list of tracks and times etc on the left or right of the artwork. I think that would look really nice.