iTunes cover flow duplication?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nehmia, Jun 1, 2008.

1. nehmia macrumors newbie

been having this problem for quite some time. when i organize my itunes library, i add the art manually, make sure all the info is correct. then ill select the entire list of songs by a single band (so say 5 albums by one artist) and i will change the artist name so it is all the same case (ie Isis/ISIS to just ISIS)

anyway, after i click OK, the albums split into multiple covers on cover flow... track 1 of an album will have its own cover, then tracks 2-XX... will have its separate, both being the same JPG. this is very annoying, and is a problem through various artist through out my library. any idea as to what causes this? anyone else have this problem?

[​IMG]

2. nehmia thread starter macrumors newbie

3. nehmia thread starter macrumors newbie

well, there were no unusual spaceings or extra artist in the information. but i did input ISIS into the "album artist" field and that fixed it, even though ISIS was in the "artist" field anyway. i clicked ok and all was fixed. then just to see what happens, i removed ISIS from "album artist" field and clicked ok and they did not go back out of order.

4. glasserp macrumors regular

Okay this always works for me:

1) make sure for each album you have same info for artist, album artist, album, genre (all of these might not be necessary, but i do this)

2) under get info for the album in question, check it as a compilation, then immediately uncheck it.

Works every time.