iTunes coverflow issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gixxerfool, Jun 30, 2008.

1. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I have searched and came up with nothing, if I missed it I would appreciate a quick redirect...otherwise heres my issue,

When I transfered all my music from my PC to my Mini:D (which I exclusively used iTunes for my management) I was finally able to use the coverflow feature. Old machine didn't have the graphics capability to run the coverflow. Anyhoo, Now that I can use it I've noticed that several albums have multiple covers.

I don't mean a two disc album with two covers, I mean one album of about 11 songs that has 3 covers. I have edited all the tagging both song-by-song and bulk and this worked for a couple of albums but not most of them. The ones it did work in were some that I manually tagged, I didn't have internet at first, so I was forced to do it all manually. But there are others that are stubborn. I have one album that every song has it's own album cover:confused:

I love iTunes but I am very confused as to what I am missing in this instance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-GF

2. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Right-click, Get Info, Artwork. Delete what you don't want. Hope this helps.

3. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Thanks for the reply but this just left the blank spaces with musical notes there instead.

4. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

After clearing the artwork, you would then have to re-add the correct art work (or use iTunes to auto download artwork). It's easier to select the whole album for batch edits. Make sure that Album, Artist, and Album Artist are all the same for each of your albums as well.

5. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Scoot thank you for your help, although I went back and reentered everything manually including artwork in bulk, no luck. So in a fit of rage I trashed one album completely, then realized that I took it out of my iTunes folder also. So I decided instead of trying to find the disc (there all buried right now) I dragged it back on to the desktop out of the trash went into iTunes and clicked on Add to Library and voila its all good now...don't know why but it is. Worked on all the other problem albums also. So thanks for you help guys and I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.:D

6. dubsub macrumors newbie

aha

i was having this issue and tried the tip above - but it's too much like hard work.

however, i've found a very simpler answer. all you have to do is order the tracks by album by clicking on the column header! :)

i think the issue with multiple covers is due to out of order of tracks depending which column you order your library by.

7. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

no one uses coverflow. save yourself some time and just skip it.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You DO realize you just responded to a year-old thread, right? I'm sure they were using a different version of iTunes than you have.

9. aquafunk macrumors newbie

Yeah and now i'm responding to a two year old thread with the same exact same problem with a very new version of iTunes.

Help.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't address that question to you. Did you read the thread in detail? The solution has already been posted.