iTunes crash issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JediMac, Sep 11, 2009.

1. JediMac macrumors newbie

This is not specific to iTunes 9, but has been happening since I updated to 8.2.1 a month or so ago. If iTunes is idle (open, but no music playing) for even a matter of minutes, it crashes and asks to send a report to Apple. I've sent in many reports a day for the last month, and was really hoping updating to 9 would solve the issue, but it is still happening. :mad:
    I'm running Leopard on a Mac Pro. Any ideas?

2. ehurdler macrumors member

Maybe backup your itunes library, then use a program like AppCleaner to completely remove itunes from your machine. Then run a new install of itunes 9, might work. Then again I havent had any itunes issues like yours in years. Last time I did, I did something similar to what I suggested.

3. benfischer macrumors newbie

Itunes 9 has been crashing non-stop for me. Whenever I access the store, it's touch and go. Apparently a lot of people are having this problem. I'm considering going back to 8, which worked OK for me.

4. JediMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Would there be any beneficial information in the crash report that I could post in here? There's TONS of code-looking stuff, but if somebody thought the information at the start might shed some light I'd be happy to post it. I won't have a problem generating another crash report!