iTunes crashed, lost everything

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheCaptain95, May 31, 2013.

1. TheCaptain95 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am truly devastated. The other night, I was working away, my laptop (MacBook) crashed. As soon as I reboot I open iTunes......my entire library...gone. I managed to regain all song purchased...but let's get real, we all have songs from CDs or elsewhere. So I've lost my library, but ALL my songs are on my iPhone.
    So...how do I get all my songs from my iPhone onto iTunes..easily...

Thanks all :)

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

And you never made a backup? Time to start ripping your music collection again.

iExplorer may be able to recover your music.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Too bad you didn't have a $99 external USB drive for doing Time Machine backups, it'd be easy to recover with that.

Senuti is the only tool I've used for easily copying music/playlists/etc from the iPhone back to a Mac. It's $19. I've seen no truly free tool that does what you're looking for.

4. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

When you say iTunes crashed, surely that has just corrupted the iTunes library file? The actual music files should still be there on the computer, it's just that iTunes doesn't know where they are. Or am I missing something? Have you done a search for your music files?

It's not like iPhoto where the library actually includes all your photos.

5. TheCaptain95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Out of desperation i went searching through the hard drives i had and found my music on one of them. I bought these hard drives because i needed to store all my photos (im an amateur photographer), i thought only my photos wer saved on it. Managed to recover about 90% of my songs :)