iTunes Crashes and Nothing Shows up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phenixdragon, Sep 21, 2010.

1. phenixdragon macrumors regular

Over the weekend, I replaced my 500 gig drive with a new 1 TB drive into my MacBook Pro. I used Time Machine to back everything up and did a restore with it. When I sent to use iTunes after the restore, nothing was listed in there but it did show my custom playlists, but only the names of the lists, no music listed inside. No music also was listed in the Music area. I then readded all my music and now when I go to music, iTunes crashes. But I also notice that it shows at the bottom I have XX,XXX songs taking up XX space. But the music area is still blank. I also notice in Videos, it is blank but shows at the bottom I have 1 video, which is correct and how it was before the restore. Any ideas?

2. phenixdragon thread starter macrumors regular

I tried removing iTunes and installing it again. Now the issue is that I adding my music back in but it doesn't actually show any music. It shows that it is adding but when I click to music, nothing. The screen also doesn't look normal. What I mean by that is if I click on Movies, it gives me the word Movies up on top and gives a sentence about movies and that you can download or rent movies. I click Music, it still shows Movies. The Music screen doesn't refresh. It's as it is frozen.

3. KieranHasAMac macrumors newbie

Same Issue..

I am having the same issue! i just restored from a time machine backup now when i go in itunes nothing ahows up and it crashes frequently.......have you tried pressing the play button beacause for me it would play music....

4. phenixdragon thread starter macrumors regular

Actually yes, it would play music. But last night, I figured out the problem. Looks like it is due to a video issue. I hadn't done a software update since the restore and one of the updates was for a graphics update. Once I did a software update, with the graphics and other updates, everything worked just fine. I am pretty new to Macs and never used Time Machine before so I figured it would have included those updates but I guess it doesn't. Just reinstalls apps, settings, etc...nothing system like updates.