iTunes crashes when I plug hacked iPhone in.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Has anybody else had this problem? Whenever I plug my iPhone in and iTunes is open, iTunes instantly crashes (becomes unresponsive). It crashes even before Windows recognizes it. I used iBrickr to get installer.app on it, then downloaded many more apps. I am willing to restore it, I just need to know how. Thank you.

EDIT: Just an added note: I reinstalled iTunes and tested an iPod on it, so it's not corrupted software or anything like that.

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

You will probably need to hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for several seconds until the yellow triangle comes up.

Then you will need to restore it.

(someone correct me if that isnt the correct buttons to hold down (not that there are many combinations though lol)

3. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

That's correct, however it's closer to 30 seconds that you have to continue to hold that button combination.

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

5. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

I disagree with this, as I have the most recent firmware (1.02), iTunes (7.4.1(2)), and have Installer.app installed and working fine, I ssh into my phone and ringtones work perfect. So I'm not sure this is an epidemic.

Weird. I wonder why I'm exempt from this, anywho, I'm happy though!