iTunes crashes when switching Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nimbusx, Apr 11, 2010.

1. nimbusx macrumors newbie

Hi There,

Short version:

1: I have a Dutch (born and raised), Canadian (citizen since 2010) and a US account (where else do I download my iPad apps?)

2: Dutch account is linked to Dutch credit card. Canadian and US are iTunes cards.

3: Every time I want to switch accounts/stores to check the availability in other store(s) my iTunes crashes. I get a nice pop-up window telling me it crashed and asks me if I want to reopen.

I've tried everything:

1: completely removed iTunes incl plist files

2: Log out my account, quit iTunes, open iTunes, change the 'flag/country' and log in with the correct iTunes account... crash

3: Keep logged in and change the 'flag/country'... crash...

4: unplug my iPhone and iPad before I did all this...

No success

Tried iTunes support by mail. Telling me I should pay for support.

Tried Apple Store in Vancouver: "Add a second account and switch accounts when I want to change stores.... but he also told me that iTunes is kinda buggy when it comes to multiple stores."

Anybody same issue and/or solution?

Greetings,

Roland

2. nicepixels macrumors newbie

Switching Stores on the iPad does not stick

My experience isn't as dramatic (no crashes) but just as annoying.

I have two different country store accounts and switching accounts via Settings>Store>Sign Out>Sign In etc on the iPad appears to work (I get signed in to the other account) but when I try to update/purchase an app, there are errors that seem to indicate that I have not really switched stores after all.

The only solution is to switch accounts on my Mac and do all the necessary updating/puchasing of apps there, then sync with the iPad.

Empathy or solutions please?

3. adrianVC macrumors newbie

Same annoying issue

I have the same Issue: two store accounts (from two different countries) and every time I try to switch accounts it freezes. I "force-quit" itunes, and when I restart it, still frozen. I have to completely reboot my computer to be able to use it again. Any solutions or recommendations to solve this? anyone? please???