Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
He Who Helps Me Receives a Million Points...Those points our redeemable for my love and affection.

Anyway, my brand-new-never-synced-aside-from-OPUS iPhone 3G crashes iTunes when I plug it in and hit "Continue" or "Register Later" in the setup. PLEASE HAYULP

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
My bad @ thread title...

Anyway, I've isolated it to the phone, as my iPhone syncs fine (this is my dad's we're talking about). Any tips/ideas?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
To be honest, if this is a new phone, I would not bother with trying to debug it. Pull out the elephant gun. Put it in DFU mode and let iTunes reflash the firmware on it from there. Then just try activating it afterwards.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Problem being that there are about 200 contacts saved in there. Those would be erased, no?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Problem being that there are about 200 contacts saved in there. Those would be erased, no?

So Opus put the contacts on there for you without activating the iPhone, and it's never been synced with the contacts on it? And so the contacts are not on your computer?

Ergh... that's a toughie. :( I think you might have to go back to Opus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.