iTunes crashing on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Laimbeersux, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Laimbeersux macrumors 6502

Noticed it yesterday during my commute when I tried to play some music after finishing a couple of podcasts. I tried a few artists, couldn't find what I was looking for, picked some Marilyn Manson music because it was 3:30am and needed to stay awake, only to have iTunes crash back to the home screen. I tried again, and it did it again. Thinking that it might help, I opened up the multi-tasking and tried to open the music again, no luck, still crashes back to the home screen. Today I synced it with my MBP, removed the music, put it back on, tried to open it again, still no luck. I rebooted it, tried again, still no luck. I tried every other artist on the phone and they all worked just fine, but not the Manson music. Say what you will about whether his stuff is music or not, but does anybody else have any ideas?

2. Laimbeersux thread starter macrumors 6502

Making the transition to not using another device and I would really like to be able to play all my music. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I had that happen with some music once, the files were corrupted. I removed them from my phone and iTunes, then reimported and synced back. That fixed it and it never happened again.

4. Laimbeersux thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the idea. That's probably my only option that's going to work. It's not absolutely vital to have that music in particular on there, but it's a little bit annoying is all. Either way thank you for the help.