iTunes crashing on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 09sroyal, Oct 20, 2013.

1. 09sroyal macrumors member

Got an iPhone 4S running iOS 7, when I open the itunes app it just crashes and closes again. I have rebooted the phone numerous times through both methods, but it keeps happening. Any ideas or advice to fix this would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

3. 09sroyal thread starter macrumors member

Was hoping here would be other options to that. I can open the app through the link in the music app, it is only when opening from the home screen icon that it crashes. Seems like a weird one for me.

4. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

You could restore from backup and see if that helps, if not I'm afraid the backup is corrupt.

5. 09sroyal thread starter macrumors member

Do I lose documents and data from other apps when restoring, it would probably only be from an iCloud backup?

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It happened to me yesterday on my 5S.

It was crashing, but if you double press the home button, you will see that the iTunes store is running in the background even though it crashed, select it and pick a tab inside and do your stuff and it should work ok after that.

7. 09sroyal thread starter macrumors member

Working fine now. Think it just needed to be opened through another method such as from the multitasking view or links in music/video apps, then it works fine from the home screen.