Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
Ever since iTunes 7.0.1 some songs I play crash iTunes. Even ones that I have ripped using iTunes. Some older ones in my library do this as well. ANyone else having this problem?

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
Ok, front row only played one song that i was having a problem with successfully. The others did crash iTunes but with front row up it was hidden.

Here is another tidbit for anyone else having the problem. It appears so far that the problem goes away if my iPod is either not connected or if it was I ejected it (not necessarily unplugging it)

Ill post more info if I get it. Meanwhile, my iBook has gone back to 6.0.5 and is much happier.

Thinking about doing the same on my iMac. front row will work with 6.0.5 right?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Did you repair permissions after the iTunes 7 update? I found it necessary for me, many of the permissions were messed up. Give it a try before reverting to iTunes 6.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I've had this problem on my iPod. Certain songs will just cause the iPod to reset itself. These songs play fine on my computer, so I really don't know. But I can make it happen everytime I select them. I haven't figured a solution yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.