iTunes - Create random ALBUM playlist? (or ALBUM shuffle feature?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peanutismint, Mar 12, 2011.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

I'd like to be able to listen to my albums at random, but obviously still as self-contained albums (in their original track order etc).

Is there any feature or way of organising/randomising a playlist that will shuffle the albums in the playlist whilst keeping the track order in each individual album the same??

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Amazing! And the next question, just as importantly - how can I get this feature to work on my iPod/iPhone? I don't think there's a shuffle albums menu item on there......is there? Or would it be possible to save a playlist of shuffled albums on my computer and then sync that??

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There are apps that offer this feature in iPhone. E.g. Album Mixer

http://www.wired4iphone.com/iphone-3g/reviewed-shuffle-by-album-3-apps-for-album-shuffle

5. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Amazing, thanks for all the input, guys! Although I don't really like the idea of using a different app to access my music on the go......

As I have a jailbroken iphone, I may look into writing a quick app that will allow me to edit the plist to enable/disable 'album shuffle' without needing to connect to my computer each time...

Thanks again!