iTunes creates copy - delete original?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grahamtearne, Jul 28, 2008.

1. grahamtearne macrumors regular

Hey guys I have my iTunes set to manage my library and to create copies when I import songs. I like this set up as I can easily load a song into iTunes from any location and know that iTunes has made a copy and stored it in the itunes library folder and uses that copy. I am then free to delete the original as it is no longer needed. Is there anyway to make it MOVE the file (instead of copy) or delete the original after duplicating it?

This would eliminate the need to delete the original. I have tried turning the copy mode off hoping it would then move the file instead of copying it but it doesn't it just stays where it is.

I know this isn't exactly hard guys I double click a song iTunes copies I delete original, I'm not disputing that and its served me well for a long time, I'm just curious if there is a method to skip me needing to delete, after all aren't computers supposed to be making our lifes easier :p

Thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

No. You will have to manually delete. Apple applies this as the default to prevent files from being deleted on remote volumes if adding to a library.

TEG

3. mazarebacha macrumors newbie

You should not need to delete the original,if needed the manual!

4. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

If you do not let itunes copy the files and then click on consolidate library it will move the files for you.