iTunes credit card machine down? cant buy movie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oftheheavens, Sep 10, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I just tried to buy forbidden kingdom with jet li and jackie chan. It say itunes cant do credit cards right now? anyone else have this happen?

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

If Apple uses Chase Paymentec for credit card authorizations, they're down right now.

I'm sitting on an outage here, as well. We're down until further notice. Gotta love paymentec shenanigans. Our update from them is "Still Troubleshooting (no ETA)"

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

so is everyone having this problem? i dont know what all that is you are talking about, i just know that the only way to pay is with a CC (and gift card) so i am sure that it would be a big issue if the bran new iTunes already isn't working...

4. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

What this means is it is not in any way Apple's fault if they rely on this credit card processor. Their whole gateway is down at the moment. Anyone using Chase Paymentec would not be able to process or even authorize credit cards.

If you accept cards, you have to use a card processor - a service you pay for from one of the big companies that provide it. This particular issue is on Chase's side, which leaves all us merchants in the dark. It's like having a generator issue at a power plant. All the homes that use the power it provides go dark.

5. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

that sucks big time! i bet that if this is the case that apple is mega mad! the are probably on the phone with them screaming! but yeah i want that movie. o well i will just buy my apple tv right now instead..

6. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

My guess is if you're planning on using a CC for that, you should probably count on it to fail as well. You might give them some time if you try and it fails. Chase is usually pretty good at getting this stuff back up pretty quick.

And I'm not even sure if this is their problem. I know we are having issues with it right now, that's all I can really say.