Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoNeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I recently had iTunes 4.7 installed with some Pepsi Code credit on my account. But after i update to 4.8, my credit seem to be gone, or well the one that says next to your name you have X credit is gone. Any solutions?

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
It might not have had anything to do with the upgrade... the Pepsi promotion expired recently and you had to use the credits by that date (the exact date is escaping me right now).

YoNeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
the game ended "4/11/05" but i was able to redeem the code after this date, so i doubt thats the reason :(

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I had 11 credits... all gone. Turns out the Pepsi promotion ended on May 23rd I believe. If you ask me that is lame... we won the credits... why make them expire?

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Sedulous said:
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I had 11 credits... all gone. Turns out the Pepsi promotion ended on May 23rd I believe. If you ask me that is lame... we won the credits... why make them expire?

Yeah, I think this is what is happening... there was an earlier date after which you theoretically weren't supposed to be able to enter new codes, but the more recent date is when they need to be used by. Apparently that date has passed.

As for expiration, it is the same reason that coupons or even gift cards expire... companies don't like having possible expenses floating around forever. So, maybe Pepsi wants to be able to close it's books on this promotion. I agree that a few months is a bit short, but if Pepsi moves on thinking, "Okay, we have $xx million for promotions left for this year" and then spends it all on new ads, only to have 4 millions iTunes caps redeemed in December, it would mess up their budget.

They were willing to spend the money to give you your song and they told you when you had to do it by, and if you missed it, apparently it is too bad because they are moving on and spending that money elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.