Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Me, too! Ugh.

iMac G5 2.0 GHz Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 with an iPod 5.5G 30 GB... when I restored my iPod, at least one of the songs that had previously been truncated only on my iPod copied over right.

Rangdrol

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
hey ingenious

sorry, i said it took 30 mins, i meant to say, really, that it only took 30 seconds...

that actually took care of all my files. now if i could just fix my computer! ive been having so many problems with my computer since ive updated to 10.5.2, now i cant use my computer for over a week, and then i fixed it, and now i cant boot anymore. I cant boot into single user mode, i cant boot from the Install CD, because it just spins and spins, i cant do s*&t! Ive been using Apple for over 25 years and I worked as a designer for many years, but my last two computers died on me and I had to buy new hard drives for them and now this, and Apple doesnt seem to care...I have a g4ibook, and ive seen many posts with the same problem i have (blue or grey screen)...I did fix it yesterday by taking out the Ram card, and then PRAM ing the thing and starting up again, and it worked for a day...im not techie but does anyone know if it would be better to just buy a new (non Apple) hard drive??? I mean Western Digital has great drives, ive never had any problem with them, unlike Iomega! which has just been a headache!! ??? Any ideas? Cause i cant afford another 1,500 for a laptop, and seems like Apple hard drives just arent worth their mustard?? IF anyone can help id be very happy, I need some comforting now! :)

OGFD

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
Strange this just happened to me yesterday...What I did, today, after reading your fixes, suggestions, which did not help...was to go into my Hard Drive>Library>Preferences and i deleted the com.apple.iTunes.plist.

This took me back to an original preferences list that is already on my computer, and it fixed the problem. It didnt erase my songs, and it only took like 30 mins to refresh, well worth the time and effort. Hope this helps you guys out!

What steps do I need to take after deleting com.apple.iTunes.plist?

Thanks.

pictureman2

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
iTunes 7.6.2 update fix?

Did the iTunes 7.6.2 update fix this problem? I saw on another forum that it did, but you have to re-import the short song.

JB

Rangdrol

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
ipod circumcisions

I was still having problems (ipod circumcisions, let's call them) even after deleting the pref list in my iTunes, so i dont think that iTunes application is the problem. In any case, I checked my settings and turned OFF Crossfade Playback options, and under ADVANCED, in iTunes application, i went to BURNING, and set GAP BETWEEN SONGS to NONE...I don't know if that has ANYTHING to do with the circumcisions, but, who knows... In any case, I tested about ten songs on my ipod and they were all fine...and yes, I reinstalled iTunes 7.6.2, but i made all the above changes before i synched my iPod to iTunes.

Edwardtompkin

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009
Itunes crops songs on iPod

My solution to this problem is a little convoluted, but it works! I had previously saved in lossless, deleted this and tried AIFF, deleted this and tried WAV. All the same problem, many songs/items being cut short. So, with the last save being .WAV I changed the 'save as' setting back to AIFF, put the disc back in and when it came up with REPLACE ORIGINAL or whatever the opposite is, I chose don't replace original. When it had finished I checked and all songs were playing correctly, so I deleted all the duff .WAV songs/items from the file list and then from the play list and, hey presto, it works fine now.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
THAT FIXED IT!! Ok for YEARS I was having the problem if my songs stopping at 2:49 for half of the music on my itunes, but now that i read this i finally fixed it.

Go to your preferences and go to import settings in the general tab and uncheck Use Error correction. That fixed my issue right away. Thank you so much!! :D

Edit: Never mind. That didn't work. Still having the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.