iTunes Dark Mode/New Apple Music Interface Leaked?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Brookzy, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Today LG updated their website with the new UltraFine displays and it features this image showing an Apple Music interface I've not seen before.

Has anyone seen it before? Maybe it's just a well-known iTunes setting that I've been unaware of.

IMG_0136.JPG

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That looks good but don't see any option in 12.5.4.42. I seem to remember that iTunes used to have a dark option but was removed several years ago. Would like to see it back. Would also be a big benefit if Apple ever goes to OLED.

3. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the music app on iOS to either go back to a dark option like it once was, or at least give us a choice.

4. AeroZ macrumors 6502

AeroZ

That's really interesting indeed. I always switch to dark mode in every app that has this.
    Also why would LG post a fake photo of Apple apps? The iPhone next to the Macbook has the usual white Apple Music.
    Link to the product page: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-22MD4K-4k-uhd-led-monitor

5. Brookzy thread starter macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I bet it's not 'fake' - it seems such a convincing render that I bet it came out of Apple's marketing department. Maybe it was canned last minute for some reason?

6. east85, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

east85 macrumors 65816

east85

This seems like the type of thing MacRumors should be doing an article on.

Nice find.

7. Brookzy thread starter macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Yeah I'm surprised it hasn't got more attention, considering how so many people seem to want a dark mode.

Paging @jclo! :)

8. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Someone did some digging on reddit and found out that this was just a slightly modified concept. Unfortunate really. I dig this design though, so good job to the person that put this together.