iTunes data is different from iPhone data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoboWarriorSr, Jun 10, 2014.

1. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I noticed while syncing some music from my iPhone, the amount of free storage in iTunes is different from the amount of storage in my iPhone. For example my iPhone has free storage pinged at 6.8 GB while iTunes only reads 6.1 GB. It seems to be affected by audio as the audio shows 28.1 GB but my iPhone shows 26.2 GB. Any reason for the disparity? It only seems to be fixed by resyncing all my audio but it takes a long time to resync 26 GB of music. This is after replacing .mp3 song with the exact .m4a song deleting the .mp3 after words. It's not too big of a deal breaker but later on in iTunes will mentioned cannot add more content.

2. Allanb1985 macrumors member

I also have noticed this. I have music on my iphone which shows on the phone but not in itunes when its connected to my pc. I find this very strange and irritating! I have tried a few different things, the only thing left to do is a full restore.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I do not think it is enough to worry about, at least not enough to do a full restore!:p

4. RoboWarriorSr thread starter macrumors 6502a

The thing is I don't need to so a full store just resync all of my music and it them how's the correct useage. Are you possibly syncing using genre since I do use the genre. Wondering whether that's affecting the weird storage situation since it counts the older song having the same genre messing up the storage count?