iTunes database help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Devie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Devie macrumors 6502a

Last week I was copying a movie file to iTunes and had a power failure at the exact moment it started. Booted up computer again and the movie portion of my itunes library became corrupt. I found a backup that it had done, but this is missing a lot of things and is a mess (eg, s04e13 then skips 14 for no reason to go onto 15).

All of the movie files are still sitting in iTunes folder. Is there a way to get iTunes to look at that folder and just re create its database? Or I will just have to spend a few hours fixing...?

Cheers.

2. Devie thread starter macrumors 6502a

FYI if anyone else has this problem.

You can just copy the entire library from the iTunes location of movies back into iTunes just by dropping them. It wont double up and will keep all of their formatting.

I had begun by just copying my backup of the movies into iTunes, but that was creating another file in the iTunes folder resulting in the file having a (1) next to it. Annoying and just doubling up, and a pain to work out where they where meant to be.

3. LaWally macrumors 6502a

So just to clarify, you dragged the files from ~/iTunes/iTunesMedia/Movies to the Movies entry listed in the Libraries section in the left-hand pane of iTunes?