iTunes DeAuthorization Question(s)...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kk05629, Jun 21, 2008.

1. kk05629 macrumors member

Greetings...I have several iTunes purchased songs in my iTunes library that when I try to play them, iTunes states that the computer is not authorized to play the song. iTunes then displays an applid ID (i assume) that the song was purchased under ans asks for the password for that account.

When I enter the correct password for that account...iTunes states "You cannot authorize more than 5 computers".

Shame on me that I never deauthorized my computers when I sold them.

My question is if I deauthorize all computers in iTunes, will that recover these songs without risking the purchased songs I have purchased since I purchased my iMac and MacBook Pro (using my current Apple Id)? If there any other suggestions you all can suggest that I can try to solve this problem?

Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Just deauthorize as many computers you don't use anymore, it doesn't matter which one you bought the tracks with, all your songs will play if you bought them with the same account.

Also you can view the number of machines that are authorised when you go to the iTunes store and click on your account name when you are logged in.

3. kk05629 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...

That did it! I was'nt really thinking that the old account was still active on itunes. logging in and deauthorizing all computers then authorizing the new mbp worked like a charm.

thanks for the direction.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

How do I de-authorize computers?
    I see in my iTunes account that I have 4 computers authorized, and I only want 1 to be. How do I get rid of the other 3? I don't see any option to de-authorize computers?

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I think you need to get to 5 computers, then you can delete them all and just authorize the ones you use.

6. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

You need to go into iTunes on every computer you authorised. In the menubar, click store and chose 'deautorise'. You cannot deauthorise all computers in one move or from another computer.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Aye...you need 5 computers to be activated before you can use the 'Deactivate All' option. Rumour has it that you can only use this option once a year though.