iTunes Default View Settings ...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KlytusLord, Nov 5, 2011.

1. KlytusLord macrumors regular

Hello all,

Is there a way to have iTunes use my own view settings every time I create a new playlist?

I want to set the displayed columns and column width so it is the same in all current and future playlists.

I know how to do it on a per-playlist basis, but that is tedious at best.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Whatever columns you have set in the Library view will be used as the default layout for new playlists you create from a selection.

For existing playlists, you can use this script from Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes, which is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files:

3. KlytusLord thread starter macrumors regular

I had read this on the web, but it does not work for me. In playlists, the columns for "Plays" and "Rating" always appear even though I have removed those from the main library view settings.

Anyway, I found a way to accomplish what I wanted. I created a blank playlist (I named it Template) with the view settings I use, and to make a new playlist I simply right-click on the Template playlist and choose "Duplicate" This creates a new playlist named Template 1, which I just rename and which has the view settings I had set for the Template playlist.