Itunes deleter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kia4545, Aug 2, 2008.

1. kia4545 macrumors newbie

ok so i'm looking for a program or way that when i delete a song out of my itunes music library it also deletes it from my pc, any help?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you let iTunes manage your files, it will ask whether you want to send the file to the trash or not when you hit delete.

3. kia4545 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok tried that but the original is still on my pc just so you now i'm using itune for windows any other suggestions?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Is itunes managing your files, or do you organize them. I dont think it will delete the file if you are organizing them.

5. dave788 macrumors newbie

if you have itunes set to manage your music, when you go to open a song you've downloaded it copys the song and places it into the itunes folder, so you can do whatever you want with the original; as long as you don't touch the itunes music folder you'll be able to play your song from itunes. when you delete a song from itunes and it asks you if you want to delete the song from your computer or just library and you select computer, it deletes the copy of the song it made, not the original. so say you had an mp3 on your desktop, opened it in itunes, itunes would them copy the song into its own special folder, you go to delete the song from itunes, itunes deletes the copy it made, not the original.

that said, i don't know of any programs that would do what your asking, but a solution for the future would be to delete songs after they're added to your itunes library, in the case above, for example, after adding the song from the desktop to your itunes, deleting the copy on your desktop.

hope that made some sense :eek:

6. kia4545 thread starter macrumors newbie

makes sense thanks but still not what i'm looking for but thanks