iTunes deletes my songs..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ai4281, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ai4281 macrumors newbie

iTunes keeps deleting my songs!

I had this problem with iTunes 7, and the problem went away with the update to 8.0.1. But with the 8.0.2, the problem came back.

It deleted one album so far, and I have no way to retrieve this file. My iTunes folder is in my external HD, and I don't back that up regularly.

Anyone have similar problem as me?

2. fisherman49 macrumors newbie

itunes deletes songs

I am having the same problem. In fact it is difficult to check which songs are gone as the exclamation point does not come on until you double click the song. It is then that you realize the song is not there. I checked in the files and it was not there either. Luckily I have most of my songs backed up. I strongly recommend that people back up their library's on a regular basis as I have lost my whole library several times now.

3. McTired macrumors newbie

I had the same problem but I was also loosing JPG and text files as well. The name of the file would be there in the folder,without an I con to the left of the name, when you click the file it disappears instead of opening. The files were still on the computer just not in the folder where they should have been. I thought this might be due to user error as I am pretty new to Mac, and I always back files up to a jump drive. but that was not the case...

I do not know if the problem was solved or not because I had to do a format and reinstall due to a Safari snafu. An automatic update corrupted my Safari browser and would not stay connected to the Internet, and Safari can't be loaded by itself.

Check the rest of your folders for files that don't open when you click them

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

"I don't back that up regularly"

You might want to do so from now on, eh?:D