iTunes deleting music that's in a playlist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bnut, Jan 24, 2009.

1. bnut macrumors newbie

bnut

Hi all,
    I have a fair bit of music in iTunes, and it has bugged me somewhat that often when I want to delete many files something it's easier to go into a playlist to find them. But when I delete them from there it only removes them from that playlist, not the computer. I guess this makes sense, and I suppose nowadays space isn't often a problem.

In case this isn't clear, what I want to do is go into a playlist, then select songs, then delete those songs from my hard drive.

thanks, not really priority or anything, just bugs me :p

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

One easy way for me to do this is in your main Music tab highlight all (click on one name and then command-A) and make sure to un-check all. Then go to your playlist and check the piece of music that you want to delete. Go back to your main Music area and that name should be checked, then delete it making sure to say yes when it asks to delete from hard drive. I know it's a few steps to do but it's what works for me..

3. Grey Podder macrumors newbie

4. bnut thread starter macrumors newbie

bnut

lol thanks grey podder, option+delete, I was sure I tried that. Though I guess it makes sense by the HIG. Delete seems to have slightly different functionality dependent on the context, unless it's just me :p