iTunes deleting my apps

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JoshJosh117, Mar 10, 2009.

1. JoshJosh117, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you Authorized iTunes to your account yet? That may help.

3. JoshJosh117, Mar 10, 2009

JoshJosh117 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JoshJosh117, Mar 10, 2009

JoshJosh117 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

After you log in, you have to find "Authorise computer" or whatever it is from the menu.
    Then go File -> Transfer purchases from iPod.
    For whatever apps are missing, you can redownload them for free.

6. mentalworx macrumors newbie

Itunes removed my Apps as well

Grrrr ! Similarly - I bought 3 new apps yesterday - Galaxy on Fire, Jaadu, and something else which I've forgotten for the moment. I bought them on the ipod (touch 2.2.1), and sync'd to my home computer (itunes 8.1.1). I went to work later that day, and set up itunes on it for the first time - I wanted to operate Jaadu on my work computer (Jaadu is a brilliant remote operating application), and it requires itunes to be installed. I then had 3 computers and the ipod under my Apple account. All was ok up to now.
    Today I re-sync'd (well, plugged in to charge) my ipod on my home computer, and it removed yesterday's new applications. I didn't stop it - it stopped itself at these, and didn't remove anything else.
    Any of you wonderful people have any idea what's going on ?

7. WLS macrumors 65816

Another thing to check and beware of is that Itunes seems to want to change the setting of sync all to only selected. If it starts to delete them, then cancel the sync. and go to the options for that device- it has to be connected and recognized - and go to the applications tab and I would bet you see it has changed to sync only selected of which there are none of course and is why they are being deleted.