iTunes Deleting Podcasts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Toro KMA, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Toro KMA macrumors newbie

So, a new thing is that iTunes seems to be deleting podcasts that I have played but I don't want it to delete. I have set my default settings to Off for Delete Episodes Played but it is still doing so. What am I doing wrong?

Or perhaps I'm not familiar with the new software. The podcasts disappear in My Episodes but they aren't showing up in the Trash.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am assuming you are playing the podcasts from you device and the podcast is being deleted from the device. Correct?

Have you checked iTunes to see if it was deleted there also?

I would also check the "feed" button in your podcast app on your device. It should show all the podcast. Even ones you have deleted from your device.

3. Toro KMA, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

Toro KMA thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

What is happening is that I have subscribed to a podcast (WAMU: The Diane Rehm Show) that I believe has it's shows available for a week. I will play them all on my iPod. When I plug in the iPod to iTunes, iTunes deletes most or all my shows in My Episodes that I have played even though my default settings on iTunes is to not delete podcasts once played. However, I don't want the software to delete the podcasts because I often want to play the shows again. On Feed, the shows are only available for the prior week. Thus, if the shows are from longer back, they're gone forever.

I don't want any podcasts to be deleted unless I delete them. I don't want the software deleting them at any time. And I'm not sure why I have to re-download the podcasts from Feed anyways once the software has deleted the podcasts from My Episodes. This is confusing, irritating and never happened before.

Thanks.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Is this a regular iPod or an iPod touch? From the sound of it, it is an iPod. But just want to make sure.

5. Toro KMA thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Toro KMA thread starter macrumors newbie

And other podcasts that I've already listened to and deleted are suddenly back. That probably has something to do with "Feed."

So podcasts I don't want deleted are deleted, and podcasts I've already deleted and don't want are being un-deleted.

That's confusing.

7. Toro KMA thread starter macrumors newbie

Help!

So this is happening again.

I subscribe to about 10 podcasts. For one podcast, when I play it on my iPod, they are deleted from my iPod even if I have not finished listening to them and I have not deleted them on iTunes. For another podcast, once it is played, it deletes itself from both iTunes and the iPod. I think this has to do with it being in the Feed, but I'm not sure. On my defaults, I have turned off the option of deleting my podcast once heard. I have rebooted both my iPod and computer, but that does not help.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to adjust?