iTunes DESTROY! artwork colors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umbilical, Sep 25, 2010.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

2. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

im not really sure but just a guess, the picture size is 500 x 500 ? so on the left it looks normal, and on the top its stretched to fit the bigger size so it looks different. ?! just a guess...

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

This is an old, old bug that has been bothering me for ages.

4. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

so the most "advanced" player in the world have some problems like this!!!!!! thank you mr jobs for be the cover arts a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

5. ag227 macrumors regular

I cant see any issue with that at all. The cover arts look identical to me.

Are you sure its not that the colours are abit off towards the bottom of your monitor like if your looking at it from an angle?

6. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

me too. i dont see what the problem is...

7. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Cover flow looks like this :

[​IMG]

While the selected item view looks like this :

[​IMG]

There's a clear difference between the two.

8. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Yes, the colors seem to be a little "off" in iTunes' Coverflow view. Perhaps unrelated - but one thing I've also noticed is, that QuickLook seems to render colors differently than Preview.app does.

Attached Files:

9. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeap! you see the problem too! is a dissaster! in your case the cover flow look with no colors, in the bottom left more vivid colors... so strange...

in my case the cover flow looks more saturate!

ALSO:

if is download with safari and add to itunes, looks different that download from firefox!

so rare, I think that is a problem with embed profiles etc... etc... of itunes

10. Kieranic Guest

Calm down, most software have bugs. To be honest, I don't think I've much software where something hasn't screwed up one way or another...

I don't use Cover Art for iTunes, I use grid view (I find it easier to organize music that way).

Oh, I just remembered Safari uses something called "Color Profile Support" where it color-corrects images making them look more vibrant. Now it is possible that Apple have applied this feature to some of their applications, but not others.

I'm not noticing the problem you are having however.

11. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Yes, I see it too. It is fairly difficult to notice though. In fact, I'd venture a guess and say that most people would not be aware of the difference in color at all. iTunes is also an application aimed squarely at consumers of content, so while I'd find the slight variation in color unacceptable for a professional application designed to create content, I think it is fairly forgivable in this context to the extent that is present here. I would invite you to file a bug report on it though, to increase the chances of it getting fixed.

One more thing (please don't take this the wrong way) - I'd agree with others here and ask politely that you moderate your tone just a little bit. It makes it difficult to empathize with you and your concerns.