Itunes didnt charge me?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Madness, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Madness macrumors regular

the title explains it self ,

i never purchased anything from the itunes store before ...

and moments ago i saw i had some left overs in my account ... and i was looking for a movie " eminem aka, its a documentary" ... i couldnt find it anywhere online... so i decided to go ahead and actually buy something from itunes ... i entered my card details and stuff and started downloading ... went to see weather they charged me or not ... they didnt ?

is this normal ? will they charge me later ? or did i get the movie for free?

2. cristo macrumors regular

Internet transactions won't show up on your bank account immediately.

3. Madness thread starter macrumors regular

it did show up immediately in the last million times i used it :)

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You will be charged. It just doesn't show up immediately.

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

That is just a coincidence then because they do not charge immediately. They charge at periodic intervals. I've been buying stuff from iTunes for a long time now and sometimes it comes out of my account the next day, and the last couple times for me it's taken 3-4 days before I see any charge. It just depends on what Apple wants to do. Honestly I think a lot of it also has to do with the total of your purchase for that instance. They pay fees to run those credit cards, so if you only purchase one or two .99 cent songs, it is likely they will wait in case you buy more, to add to that small total.

6. cazlar macrumors 6502

Yep, to avoid excessive fees, Apple holds off on charging straight away. Instead, they group any purchases within a certain period of time, and charge them to your card as one transaction.

So you will be charged, it might just take a day or so.