Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
the title explains it self ,

i never purchased anything from the itunes store before ...

and moments ago i saw i had some left overs in my account ... and i was looking for a movie " eminem aka, its a documentary" ... i couldnt find it anywhere online... so i decided to go ahead and actually buy something from itunes ... i entered my card details and stuff and started downloading ... went to see weather they charged me or not ... they didnt ?

is this normal ? will they charge me later ? or did i get the movie for free?

Madness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
it did show up immediately in the last million times i used it :)

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
it did show up immediately in the last million times i used it :)

That is just a coincidence then because they do not charge immediately. They charge at periodic intervals. I've been buying stuff from iTunes for a long time now and sometimes it comes out of my account the next day, and the last couple times for me it's taken 3-4 days before I see any charge. It just depends on what Apple wants to do. Honestly I think a lot of it also has to do with the total of your purchase for that instance. They pay fees to run those credit cards, so if you only purchase one or two .99 cent songs, it is likely they will wait in case you buy more, to add to that small total.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Yep, to avoid excessive fees, Apple holds off on charging straight away. Instead, they group any purchases within a certain period of time, and charge them to your card as one transaction.

So you will be charged, it might just take a day or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.