iTunes didn't import everything

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pullman, Jul 8, 2008.

1. pullman macrumors 6502

pullman

Hi again,

So i've recently got my mac and connected to it my external USB NFTS formatted windows drive on which I have all my music. The drive mounted properly on the desktop.

I copied all my music from the drive to "User-Music-iTunes-iTunes Music" and then imported in iTunes using the command "Import...".

Of my 13000 songs, only 7043 were imported. Around 1500 songs or so were wma and so would, I assume, not be imported, but why not the rest of the songs which are all mp3? There are also no duplicates.

I've tried to add songs using the "Add to library" command but while iTunes then went through all the files on the drive (the little dialog box "Adding Files" is shown), only another 300 songs were added.

Did I make a mistake to first copy the files into "User-Music-iTunes-iTunes Music"? It's odd because that folder still shows that it contains about 13000 files.

Thanks a million
    /p

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Strange. maybe once it encountered the .wma, it stopped the import.

I'd try it again. Go into the folder, select sort-by type. Highlight all .mp3 files and drag them into the iTunes window -- simple as that

It should come up saying there are duplicates, but just in case it doesn't, Delete everything in iTunes, and re-import everything

As for .wma files, you'll need a way to convert them. If you don't mind paying for programs, check out "Audio Hub" It should convert audio to and from different formats easily.