iTunes Digital Copy/HD Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jedispongee, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jedispongee macrumors newbie

Hi.

I've been trying to figure out how I can go about doing this, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

I have the reboot of Star Trek on Blu-Ray, and I went ahead and downloaded my digital copy through iTunes with the included code. The downloaded copy is 1.8 GB copy, which I'm assuming is standard definition. For those who don't know, the high definition version on iTunes is about 4.0 GB.

Does anyone know if and how I can obtain a high definition copy? Whenever I enter the code, iTunes automatically starts to download the standard definition copy. I did a search on the forum and I didn't come up with the answer and looked around at other sources for an answer, without success. If anyone knows if this is possible, or has a link that shows how I can go about getting it, it would be great!

2. BobC macrumors newbie

BobC

SD digital copies

As far as I can determine, digital copies that are offered as downloads when buying Blu-ray discs are always Standard Definition, designed for use on portable media players.

On the two I have, the fact sheet packed with the Blu-ray disc states, "Digital Copy offer includes Standard Definition copy of the main feature only."

Hi-Resolution Digital Copies are not part of the offer, and must be purchased separately.

3. jedispongee thread starter macrumors newbie

Gotcha... Thanks. I looked over the Paramount website and it did indeed state that only SD copies are to be downloaded.

Thanks for the help!