iTunes Digital Copy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HoddzDJ, Feb 8, 2012.

1. HoddzDJ macrumors member

Okay so I have recently started to get the Digital Copy's of DVDs and Blu-Rays and I'm wondering what happens if I lose them or I change my Mac, do I need to back them up or can I download them again?

2. thankins macrumors 6502

Back them up - most all codes are one time activation codes. Meaning if you use it once it won't work again. Also most of those codes have an expiration date of a year or so.

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I actually recently bought Rambo and it had a digital copy that was supposed to expire like 3 YEARS ago but it still worked-no idea why.....

4. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

They are hit and miss on if they actually get shut down when the "final" date rolls around from what I have seen. Also, I noticed when I got a new computer it actually let me download 2 movies to it through my iTunes account even though they were already downloading to a different computer so it may be kept on your account like music.

I would personally test that theory before not backing them up though. :D

5. HoddzDJ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies so far, but my main question seems to of been avoided or I didn't make it clear enough. Currently, iTunes allows you to download all of your music again if you have to wipe and start your machine from scratch. I know because a friend of mine has recently had to do this a few times. So will the movies be in my iTunes Accounts to download again?