Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
So, this is a pretty common story. My iTunes movie art periodically and randomly disappears. CMD-i and return gets it back, but this is a huge pain to do across 100+ files, particularly when it will disappear again some time in the future.

Any ideas how to handle this problem?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
So, this is a pretty common story. My iTunes movie art periodically and randomly disappears. CMD-i and return gets it back, but this is a huge pain to do across 100+ files, particularly when it will disappear again some time in the future.

Any ideas how to handle this problem?
Delete everything in the iTunes library and add everything back in. My theory is some sort of database corruption. I had the problem, did the rebuild, and have not had any problem since.

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Delete everything in the iTunes library and add everything back in. My theory is some sort of database corruption. I had the problem, did the rebuild, and have not had any problem since.

Does that include deleting the music or just the movies? (never had an issue with album art)

It's not a big deal to delete and re-add movies, but I can't delete all 13k+ tunes without also losing playlists, song counts, etc.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Does that include deleting the music or just the movies? (never had an issue with album art)

It's not a big deal to delete and re-add movies, but I can't delete all 13k+ tunes without also losing playlists, song counts, etc.
I just did the movies/tv shows

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.