Itunes displaying wrong free space

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Itzamna, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Itzamna macrumors regular

So... Since the 8.3 update iTunes has yet to get it right... It always says that i have 1 or 2 GB's more free space than in reality.

Anyone else with the same problem? Anyway to fix it?

2. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

It probably is normal... iTunes has always been displaying "wrong" free space as far back as I can remember.

3. Itzamna thread starter macrumors regular

It has been accurate until 8.3. I've already wiped out all my sync data and re-synced again and the 1-2 GB difference persists.

4. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Hopefully others can clarify this. iTunes always displayed wrong "free" space for all the iPhones I had. Even total space is different on iTunes. For example, my 32gb iPhone is shown as 29gb while on the phone it is shown as 26.9. I synced my iPhone yesterday, and iTunes showed I have 8gb free space. However, according to my phone, I have 7.5 gb.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm having the issue too. Haven't had a single problem since iOS 1 until now with iTunes showing incorrect amount of free space. If it was a 100MB or so I wouldn't care, but its a 1-2GB difference for me as well. Its really annoying.

iTunes says I have 29GB free on my 64GB phone, but my phone says 27.2GB free.

6. eicca macrumors regular

eicca

My phone says 14GB free.... my iTunes says 47GB free. Something is up.

7. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

I am wondering if this caused my backup data to be corrupt or incompatible....?

Tried to restore from backup after updating to 8.3, but I only get the message that says my backup data are corrupt or incompatible.

8. Sugadaddy macrumors member

Same thing on my iPad Air and iPhone 6, it's a 8.3 bug.

9. Itzamna thread starter macrumors regular

Yup... It's a bug or some sort of corruption.

Today my GF updated her iPhone aswell and her iTunes displayed more 2.5 GB's of free space than what her iPhone has in reality.