iTunes DJ functionality on iPhone itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by venomizer, Jul 13, 2010.

1. venomizer macrumors newbie

Before I say anything else, I know that you can control iTunes DJ using the Remote iPhone app.

What I want to know is why isn't this DJ functionality available in the iPod app for queueing up tracks playing on the phone itself. Most of the time I have music playing with other people around I use my phone in a speaker dock and being able to queue up songs whilst the current track is still playing would be really useful.

I know you can create a new playlist and add tracks to that, but that is just a really messy way of doing it. Why can't it be exactly like how you control iTunes DJ through Remote where you just press Request a Song, search for what you want, press it, and it adds it to the queue of songs playing, regardless of how you started the music.

This would be much better than having to create a new playlist, and then having to edit that playlist every time you want to add new tracks to a queue, don't you agree?

2. Aero26 macrumors regular

Thats true. Simple things like this that it should be able to more than handle.

3. venomizer thread starter macrumors newbie

Even the iPod doesn't have this. Sure you could hold down the middle button until the track blinked, but that would still only add it to the On-the-go playlist which you would then go and have to manually play before your queue would work.

The easiest way would surely just be to hold your finger on the track you want for a second or two, it would then blink and that would instantly be added to the queue (therefore it would play next if thats the first one added, or after the last one you added to the queue).

PLEASE APPLE, it has got to be one of the simplest things to code into the iPod app.

4. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I use dJay for iPhone. It is an amazing app. You can scratch, mix, use effects, cue, loop, and much more.

It'll cose you a little for the app. You also have to have their software.

You can't queue songs on it yet, but maybe in the future.

Now with the new iOS4 out, you may see apps implementing this very soon. Now developers are allowed for their apps to access and control iTunes like the Remote app.