iTunes DJ work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by empaulio, Mar 12, 2009.

1. empaulio macrumors newbie

After trying out the new iTunes DJ function with my iPhone I could not get it to work has any body else tryed using this new feature? If so what are your experiences? I updated the remote app on my phone yesterday, surely that is the correct version.

2. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

worked fine for me. Are you sure your iphone is synced with the right library?

3. empaulio thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i can control what song is playing but cannot vote for songs, I have selected the right options in itunes but when I click on a song on the iphone it just plays that song, I thought it would que it up. Unless I got the wrong end of the stick for the feature:confused:

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Wait, how is this meant to work? Is a friend supposed to be able to go into remote when your iTunes is on iTunes DJ mode and then see into your library and make a request?

You shouldn't have to put in a code or anything to be able to do request songs.

5. reubs macrumors 68000

I can get a song to queue up, but I can't make it so that it will get a certain number of votes. Maybe the idea is to pass the touch around, have folks select songs for the queue, and from there the votes add us to a selected play order?

I really have no idea, and I only have it b/c I think it's a really cool feature for the iPod.

6. ckd macrumors member

Make sure you've updated the Remote app to the latest version, which (like iTunes 8.1) was just released. I had the same problem: "hey, why can't I vote?" until I thought "hmm, I bet there's a new version". You want 1.2 which provides "bug fixes and compatibility with iTunes 8.1".

7. empaulio thread starter macrumors newbie

I have version 1.2 of Remote. The DJ playlist shows up should i clear this list? As it loaded a random selection of songs. In the remote app I now have the add button at the top but I cannot seem to get this to work

8. ckd macrumors member

If you go into Playlists, then iTunes DJ, there should be a grey heart next to each of the songs already on the list, plus a button at the bottom of the screen that says "Request a Song". The heart lets you vote for songs that are already on the playlist; the request button lets you add a song, and automatically votes for it.

9. empaulio thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont get any hearts showing or anything saying request a song. Thats why I'm so confused usually I'm quite good at picking things like this up, Maybe I need to re-sync if that will help?!
    humm..

10. ckd macrumors member

Look at the iLounge "Instant Expert" article for screenshots of what you should be seeing.

11. empaulio thread starter macrumors newbie

I know what is missing, I cannot seem to access my music only all of my playlists.
    To make it clearer on this screen I only have the option of selecting 'Nina's Library' The top part does not appear in my remote app (itunes DJ.. part)
    And it is the recent version of remote so that is not the cause I wonder what else it could be

[​IMG]

12. ckd macrumors member

If you've already paired your Remote app with that iTunes, you won't get the "iTunes DJ" guest button. Go into your library, select the iTunes DJ playlist, and you should see the playlist complete with the "Request" button and the hearts for voting for specific songs.

13. ChocoboNL macrumors member

One vote per iPhone. Guest users. Share music?

I just tried the feature out too, from what I've seen I think you can only cast one vote per iPhone(/ iPod Touch). Lucky as we are there are multiple iPhones roaming around the house and we tried to acces with another phone as well. This seems the right way to bump up the 'votes cast' number.
    Another thing I found nice myself is that guests won't have to couple their phones/ iPods with your iTunes library. You enter a 'Welcome Message' which people can tap and just see what number is playing and request a certain number, so no skipping and volume adjustments by 4 people at the same time.

Something I'd like to know is whether a person with music you don't have in your library could request one of their own numbers to be played, this would be an incredibly valuable feature if you ask me. ^_^

Hopefully this relieved some of the confusion,
    Chocobo