itunes does not add all music to library

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dexters.world, Dec 29, 2009.

1. dexters.world macrumors newbie

I use Linux Mint for most of my computing...the only time I use Windows is to update/sync my iphone and my gps.

To sync and add music to the iphone I copy music from my hard disc to a HP Passport, then point itunes to the directory. Itunes only adds about 1/4 of the music...I have either ripped it from CDs or bought it from Amazon. Either way, I'm the legitimate owner.

Any ideas how to make itunes recognize everything in the directory? If not, is there a work around?

2. gtr053 macrumors member

Same Issue

I have had the same problem. When I open up iTunes, it says I have 659 songs. I noticed some songs were missing. I opened up Mp3tag and it said that I had 733 songs. I didn't notice any songs missing from it. I'm only getting 90% of my songs into iTunes. And to make it worse, there's no way (that I have found) to be able to tell which songs are missing except to go through and look at each one individually. That would take a while. Surely somebody knows how to resolve this problem. However, I would like to note that iTunes does not support WMA files but it will automatically convert the WMA files M4A's.