iTunes does not update after transferring library from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luv2mr, Mar 12, 2011.

1. luv2mr macrumors newbie

I did what online sources suggested, consolidated the library on my PC and then transfer the entire iTunes folder to Mac and replaced the iTunes folder on the Mac. However, when I opened my iTunes, nothing gets updated and my iTunes looked just as empty. Is there something wrong?

Both iTunes on my computer are 10.2.0.34. Thank you.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Hold alt while starting iTunes to select your library.

3. luv2mr thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that and it did allow me to choose a library. But I only have one library in the Music folder now, that is iTunes (which I consolidated and dragged over from PC to Mac to replace the original Mac iTunes folder). Now that it has started, nothing showed up. Is there some sort of 'house cleaning' I need to do with iTunes to return it to its initial, unused state first? Thank you.

4. waynep macrumors 6502

I just moved from a Windows machine to a Macbook Pro. I did the following:

0) Open iTunes on the Mac and authorize it.
    1) Copied the iTunes media/music folder to a USB drive on the Win machine.
    2) Opened iTunes on the Mac.
    3) Dragged the iTunes media/music folder to iTunes. iTunes then copied all my music into the Mac library.

I tried moving the library over and pointing the Mac iTunes to it but could not get any of that to work. So I did it as above. It's not the fastest method, but it worked and I think it's reliable. I re-subscribed to my Podcasts. I did the same as above with my movies.

5. luv2mr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!! Problem solved. Now my iTunes has all the things already!