iTunes doesn't can't find artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaveTheRave, Jul 10, 2011.

1. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Hmm...I just imported the Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers CD into iTunes, and it can't find the artwork. Why? Same thing happened last week when I imported the Police's Certified live album. These are releases from major bands and both albums are available on iTunes so its not like it doesn't know about them. Why does this happen? And yes, I clicked the link for download artwork.

2. benh911f macrumors 6502

iTunes is very picky. Match up the Tags you have for the CDs with what it says in the iTunes store, and make sure they match perfectly.

3. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

Yeah, what he said.

You may need to edit the title if it has stuff like "[remastered]" or "[disc 1]" or whatever. Nasty basement dwelling PC users put this stuff in when they submit to imbd or whatever that naming thing is called, because they resent Mac users getting all the girls and having such a easy to use OS.

4. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Is it a FLAC file?

I find that when I import music as a GLAC file I can't get iTunes to find Album art.

And yes- iTunes music matching at times is utter crap.

5. Kyffin macrumors 6502

I've given up on wasting the time trying to please iTunes- more often than not its quicker to just find the album cover on google images and add it to the album. :D

6. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I do this too. Way faster imo.

7. PNGento macrumors member

Ok...I had the same idea...no problem finding the image...so how do I then get it added?

8. benh911f macrumors 6502

Just copy the image and paste it under the artwork tab under "get info" for that specific song.

9. PNGento macrumors member

Copying the image is no problem, but "paste" is not an option in "get info". I DID find the solution however, and will provide for others. You can drag the image and drop it in the artwork box under "get info". Works great and simple, but the copy/paste would seem to be what should also be a viable way to do it, but apparently not. So, drag and drop is the way to go. Thanks.

10. benh911f macrumors 6502

You can paste it, it just has to be from the keyboard. It is kind of weird. There is no option in iTunes to paste via the mouse, but if you copy the image, click in the artwork box, and hit command+v, it will paste the image.

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

No problem with most retail CDs.

And yes, if you stole the music, it doesn't work as well.

12. AppLCII macrumors member

AppLCII

You can also highlight all the tracks off the album and open up the small album cover view (selected item). Then drag the picture directly from your web browser into the blank space.