iTunes doesn't play music anymore... could be a problem...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by MasterHowl, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Okay, so I updated iTunes to version 10.4 yesterday after upgrading to Lion, and iTunes was working fine...

Restarted my Mac this morning, and iTunes doesn't work! I click on a song and it just doesn't play!

I tried previewing the songs in preview, and this comes up D:

[​IMG]

aaaah what am I going to do?! iTunes is my most used program!

Anyone else got this issue?

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Working fine here. Have you updated iTunes to the new 64-bit version yet?

EDIT: Looking at your screenshot it says Open with Audacity. That implies that Audacity has reset the file opening settings for your MP3/AAC files to work with Audacity instead of iTunes - though that shouldn't prevent them playing...

3. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Yes it's the new 64-bit version.

Ah I didn't think of that! just changed the default app for audio files to iTunes, and it's working now! Thanks! :D

4. rmwebs macrumors 68040

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else finding iTunes 10.4 a little buggy?
    I just went to open it and it did the sweep transition to suggest it was going into full screen, but took me to full screen mail, which i also had open. Then i swiped back to my desktop and iTunes wasn't open there either, but the activity light was displayed beneath its dock icon. So i clicked the icon, iTunes popped up in normal mode, but none of the interface buttons were present, i.e no full screen control, no traffic lights etc. So i had to kill it and reopen. First time that has ever happened to me.

Also, I encountered a bug where it look like there were two full screen iTunes overlaid on each other but one was placed slightly above the other, so everything was repeating itself. If that makes sense.

I guess 10.4 was pushed out the door for Lion's release since i don't remember anyone mentioning it was in beta, only 10.5