ITunes doesn't recognize my TMobile SIM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pbfa, Jul 6, 2011.

1. pbfa macrumors newbie

in my redsnow jailbroken 3GS after I restored. My phone itself just gets emergency service, so I can't even try to unlock, or download cydia or even see my phone. Help?
    I foolishly upgraded my 3.1.2 to 4.3.3, and am struggling. Advice is welcome!:mad:

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You're most likely going to need to use Redsn0w to jailbreak and "hactivate" it, so that you can see the Springboard. You will also need to use Redsn0w to install the iPad baseband. The iPad bb will allow for the unlock to happen. Your new baseband is not supported by Ultrasn0w. With the iPad baseband you will lose your GPS functionality and you will only be able to restore/update to custom firmware that is created with pwnagetool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (Win). Once you're jailbroken, install Ultrasn0w through Cydia.

You will need a 4.3.3 IPSW for Redsn0w to read. It can be found here:

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

4. pbfa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I really apreciate that!
    How do I 'hacktivate'?
    P

5. pbfa thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup. No doubt.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If your phone is not already activated with a SIM card (yours isn't since you don't have an official SIM), Redsn0w will do it automatically when you jailbreak.

The best luck to you and please post your results. And what hack said is true. Before you alter something you depend on, it's a really good idea to check out what it will do.