Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiitzDENNIS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
My itunes doesn't show my phone number wen I connect my iphone to the laptop is there any way it will show and will my # show on the iphone's about too?

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
My itunes doesn't show my phone number wen I connect my iphone to the laptop is there any way it will show and will my # show on the iphone's about too?

Does everything else work? All the syncing properties and all that.

hiitzDENNIS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Syncing is fine everything is working fine except the # doesn't show I'm curious about it =(

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Syncing is fine everything is working fine except the # doesn't show I'm curious about it =(

That is weird, I am not sure, have you tried rebooting the iphone, itunes, and your computer? Can people still reach you on your phone? If so id say just leave it, and if you reallllllly were worried id try restoring the phone, but it doesnt sound like a big deal, just a weird one.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
If you have unlocked you phone you number may not show up in itunes.

hiitzDENNIS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
mine doesnt i don't know what to do i used independence and im on at&t network... =\

natnat

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Hello to everyone on here. I had a similar problem though I think my prob was caused by somehow getting 2 iphones crossed up with each other on a single iTunes.

Anyway, the same thing applied:

Phone functioned completely correct, EDGE data and all. However, the number would not show up in iTunes, the "About" section of her iPhone, or up on top of my Contacts list like my iPhone does. I tried uninstalling iTunes and manually removing apple data folders. Nothing worked.

Her phone is jailbroken as is mine (both on AT&T with no unlocking), so I remembered installing "Services" from AppTapp. It lets you turn the EDGE/Bluetooth/Wifi/SSH off/on. Anyway, I remembered turning edge off with my phone just to test, and when I turned it back on, it asked me for my carrier (ATT, T-Mobile, a couple others). Thought that was strange, selected ATT and it told me it was configuring my phone for EDGE. Long story short:

Tried that on her phone tonight, and Services no longer asks you which carrier, I guess it just knows. I turned it off, then back on, then off, then on again. It reset/reconfigured edge, and now the number shows up inside iTunes, and inside the phone Contacts and "About" page. Hope that can sort some of your problems out. I Figured that since it no longer asked which carrier, it was removed or redundant. Either way, it worked! As for across the pond in Europe, who knows but I don't see why not! Good luck and Happy Holidays

gazzzmoly

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
mine is the same exwpt i get N/A spoke to O2 about this and they said that it doesnt show up if you have ported you number,

but saying that i dont think it ever showed up. is there anybody on O2 iphone contract) that has the same thing ported number and unported?

my phone is not jailbroken (i tryed put could not get summer board installed) so was pretty useless.

Moleshome

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Your number will only show up in iTunes and the Contacts screen if it is stored on your SIM. O2 do not store own number on the SIM so you need to put the SIM into a phone which supports SIM editing and add it there.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I originally had an O2 Pay as you go SIM in my iPhone (Oh yeah, I finally relented and got an iPhone but unlocked it so I could use a normal O2 tariff with it) and it originally showed the phone number in iTunes, but since my proper Pay Monthly SIM arrived this morning, it no longer shows the phone number in iTunes. I've tried powering the phone off and on again, resetting all the settings etc, but no luck. Everything works fine though, so it's really just a minor thing really.

Edit - I just put the new O2 SIM into my old Sony Ericsson phone and it doesn't have the number loaded onto it as it does with my old SIM cards, but it won't let me edit it either, so it's really just because the SIM doesn't actually have the number recorded on it rather than any fault with the iPhone or iTunes.

Barry Scott

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2007
Your number will only show up in iTunes and the Contacts screen if it is stored on your SIM. O2 do not store own number on the SIM so you need to put the SIM into a phone which supports SIM editing and add it there.

Does anyone know how to do that. Forgive my thickness if it is a stupid question.

My number is not displayed either and it was ported over from my old O2 contract phone.

blacknblu

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2006
Blue Springs, MO
Same Here

I haven't Jail Broken my phone, and it still doesn't show my number in iTunes. Has anyone had any luck with this? My phone functions fine, although I am a bit curious

edmartin

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2007
I had a similar problem on 1 of 4 iPhone in the house. What I found was this:

Go into Settings on the iPhone and then "Phone". At the top, it should say "My Phone Number". Mine said "unknown". All I had to do was to type my number into that area and presto, it showed up in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.