iTunes doubling up my music

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jblaz, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jblaz macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    Im a recent Switcher....as of yesterday in fact :) (macbook C2D 2.16/1gig/160)

My question is:
    I have just transfered all my music (20gigs) from my old pc onto my new macbook. Then when I went into iTunes and used "Add to Library", 90% of my music was doubled up even though I only have one copy on the computer. And also the music on iTunes is taking up space just like the music in my 'music folder' also another case of doubling up...instead of using 20gigs it uses 40gigs :(

What am i doing wrong here? can someone please help

Thanks
    Jono

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

iTunes 7.2 bug (if you're talking about what i think you're talking about). Annoying, isn't it?

If you aren't seeing two entries of each song in iTunes, all you may be seeing is iTunes' default behavior of copying music files into its own directory tree under your Music folder. You can turn off this "keep organized" behavior under the iTunes preferences if you want.

3. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

No joke its annoying! iTunes is in some serious need of a duplicate management feature. I don't see why they don't implement an option to delete exact duplicates and have you review them or accept all. And the view duplicates thing is not satisfactory.